Friday, July 24, 2009

Anya's 1st birthday!




Well, Anya is officially 1 year old!! The new things she is doing now are:
She points to things and just today we got her to put up her index finger when we ask her how old she is...theres a picture of that.
She say's "up" a lot...there's a movie of that.
She does "so big"...there's a picture of that.
She has taken 4 steps all on her own.
She can do the sign for Jesus when we sing "Jesus loves me". It's where you point to the palm of each hand...
She does the sign for "more" and says "num num" when she eats.
She drinks from a sippy cup and only has a bottle before bed.
She can eat just about anything we eat..she loved Dan's lasagna the other night!
And she is just starting to blow kisses...

Yesterday was the first time ever that she cuddled with me. She has cuddled with Dan on his birthday and father's day, but she is just usually too busy to cuddle, but yesterday she layed on the couch with me and watched cartoons for an hour!! It was probably the best thing in the whole world.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I was at my brother's house today and found out he only lives 3 blocks from you!!!! So I stopped by your house (well what I thought was your house) and it was your neighbor's. She asked who I was looking for and I said my friend from high school Mary........I FORGOT YOUR LAST NAME! I had Demke (I can't even spell it) stuck in my head. So after a minute, literally at least a minute of trying to remember your married name she says, Oh, they live next door! YAY, so I walk up to your door and ring the doorbell, knock and peak in the backyard but you weren't home. The car was in the driveway but no lights on. So sorry I missed ya. I got a new phone and carrier so I haven't gotten all the numbers in it and so I couldn't even call you!!!! I'm sure I looked like an idiot and suspicious to your neighbors. Hopefully I'll catch you next time and now I'm going to go and put #'s in my phone!