Friday, January 22, 2010

Baby #2!


I finally figured out what my tape worm was! I had been joking that I must have a tape worm or something because every time I ate, I would feel sick. I was saying this to Molly and Trisha when Molly says "are you sure you're not pregnant?" Hmm......So I took 2 pregnancy tests on new year's eve (cause I wouldn't want to drink if I was) and sure enough it said I was pregnant! So I called my doctor and she wanted me to get some blood work done. That came back with HCG levels that were high enough to see a baby on an ultrasound. So we went this past Monday and we saw the babies heart flickering and the little arm and leg buds! The technician said that I was about 9 weeks 1 day! That was a nice surprise because we weren't exactly sure how far I would be! The baby's heart rate was 176 beats/min so that was great! We are both very excited for a new member of the family to join us, but are still a little anxious and nervous hoping that everything is developing correctly and all that. We have to wait until 20 weeks to find out whether it is a boy or girl but we will find out and tell you all!!

Anya is going to be such a good big sister. I'm sure she will be a great helper and kind to her little brother or sister. She already loves playing with her baby. She pushes it in her stroller all around the house and feeds it and hugs it. She was teaching it the sign for "all done" the other day! Last night she was taking a bath and I said "I love you" and she said all three words back! Lately she has just been saying "I you" but this time it was the whole thing! She is such a girl. Every morning she loves getting dressed for school and then I bring her into the bathroom and we do her hair. she picks out the hair clip or binder that she wants and she lets me put her hair in pony tails or pig tails. I have a picture of the pig tails I'll put up later. She is still talking up a storm and can count from 1-5 and then 9-10. She sings parts of "twinkle twinkle little star" and does all the signs to "5 little ducks". She is so much fun!

that's all for now!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I just love doing Annie's hair. She too picks out the clips and what not. Annie has gotten to the stage now where she wants to pick out what she's going to wear for the day. #1 choice is Minnie Mouse dress and #2 choice is "pink dress" the Summer dress I made her! Boy oh boy it's tough to get dressed at our house but we manage. I stopped buying pants because she hardly lets me put them on her! :) Little girls are so much fun. She is going to be a great big sister Mary and i'm hoping that you are feeling better these days. Ha, that's kinda funny you thought you had a tape worm!