Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Terrible Two's

I don't necessarily want to say that Anya is terrible, but...It's like a switch went off when she turned two and now magically, she throws tantrums, hits, throws things, etc.... I would love to say she is an angel all the time and the majority of the time she is pretty good, but MAN! She is a lot to handle these days. I'm thinking that a baby is going to be easy compared to this. She is getting a lot of practice saying "I'm sorry, mommy" and now she has been starting to say it all on her own before she sees me start to get too mad. I think going back to school will be a good thing for her- we try to keep her busy but all that structure will be great for her. I just want to write a few things so that I can remember them later...

The other day I was SOO tired and all I could do was lay on the couch while she played (remember I'm 2 weeks away from having a baby at the time). I must have dosed off for a few minutes and awoke to Anya putting a q-tip in my ear. Let me tell you that's a big surprise when you are nice and relaxed and not expecting it. After I jumped off the couch, I saw that she had the ENTIRE container of q-tips spread all over the bathroom and living room. ahh. that was nice.

In terms of good things...Anya can identify any letter of the alphabet and tell you what sound it makes. We were at the mall the other day waiting on a bench and there was writing on the window of one of the stores. I would point to each letter and she would say "that's an S ssssss" or "that's a P puh puh", etc...

She still loves reading books, but now she will actually sit through them and really pay attention. She will ask questions and want to read the books over and over and over. Some of her favorites now are those Mercer Mayer little critter books (those were my favorites too) and Dora books (of course).

The big girl bed is going well for the most part...she does get out of it every now and then but at least she plays quietly when she does. The other night Dan and I were watching TV in our room and all of a sudden at 8:00 our door is thrown open and in walks Anya pushing her baby stroller wearing a dress up skirt over her pj's. She said "I'm awake now daddy!" I was laughing so hard! We used to be able to contain her!

We just recently put on those door knob locks so she can't open ALL the doors. They are working so far, but I bet it won't be long until she figures them out.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. Oh, one week from Thursday Finn will be here!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh my gosh the q-tip in the ear was hilarious!!! I almost peed my pants! Ahhhh, thanks for the laugh.