Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No more nuk

Anya "lost" her nuk Saturday night and even though I found it the next morning we decided this was the perfect opportunity to just be done with it. Recently it was becoming an issue with her waking us up in the middle of the night to help her find it...She was actually waking up more than Finn and that was not good. So...we told her that we couldn't find it and that she really didn't need it anyway since she is a big girl now. Surprisingly, she fell back to sleep that night and since then she hasn't had it at night and even at daycare she is not using it for naps. She still asks about it, but when I tell her that she doesn't need it anymore, she leaves it at that and doesn't seem to care! I was so nervous about getting rid of it and all for nothing cause it's been no big deal! She was the same way with the big girl bed. We were nervous that it would be hard for her and again, she didn't seem to care that she didn't get to sleep in her crib anymore. I think she is just so ready to grow up. Now we will have to try potty training....

oh, I found this picture of me when I was about Anya's age- looks like we have something in common after all!

No comments: