Saturday, October 2, 2010

6 week check-up




I brought Finn into the doctor last Thursday to get his second Hepatitis B shot. At 6 weeks, he weighs 13 lb 9 oz and is 23 and 1/4 inches long! That means that in just 3 weeks, he has gained 3 pounds and grew 1 inch! Wow, he is really a growing boy. He flew through the 0-3 mo clothes and is now comfortable in 3-6 mo clothing. He is also now in size 2 diapers. He's got what I thought was baby acne, but the doctor says that it is eczema. I guess I must have given it to him because the paperwork on it says that it's hereditary and usually comes from a parent that has allergies, specifically hayfever. Well, that's me. Sorry Finn. He's just going to have sensitive skin I think. I'm supposed to put lotion on his face to keep it from getting too dry.

Since the other day, Finn has had some more "all nighters" He's been going to bed between 9-10pm and waking up around 4-5am. I would love it if we could extend that like 2 more hours so that he goes to bed a little earlier and sleeps just a little later. That would be great.

Also the other day he smiled at me! It was legitimate too because I was talking to him and smiled big and he smiled right back. We smiled at each other for a couple of minutes. It's so nice when they get to that point and can interact with you.

oh, by the way, he is laying on Anya's bed in those pictures. I didn't want you thinking that the pink and green flowers and butterflies were his bedspread!

No comments: